Friday, October 1, 2010

First of October

Today I traveled with my grandchildren so their mother, who was at school, would have a little easier time in delivering them to their dad later today for their weekend visit.  It was a BEAUTIFUL morning.  The temperature was in the high 60's by the time we left the house.  We had a fun ride.  We discussed how beautiful (and essential) sunshine is for all life to exist after Blue Eyes mentioned that he loved the sun today.  That led to a discussion of how EVERYTHING is possible because of Jesus Christ, God's Son.  That Jesus explained in the Bible (more than once) how He is the Light of the world.

Then, one by one I asked the children to tell me what they were thankful for.  Their lists (which I added blessings I'm thankful for, too) were lovely and long.  We're all thankful for our family, for the beauties of the earth--including the trees, flowers, bugs (yes, bugs were mentioned a time or two), other animals, our house to keep us sheltered from the storms, comfortable beds to sleep in, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins.  And I could go on and on.

They were so sweet and were attentive to the rules I'd expressed for safety when we moved from my vehicle to Mom's.  No fussing or fighting.  It was good.  I'm thankful for that!

As I drove back home, I noticed that the sky was a beautiful blue.  Not a cloud visible anywhere.  The trees were glistening in that sunlight Blue Eyes had noticed.  Even in a world of constant flux and turmoil there are many things to remind us of God's ever constant care.  I'm so thankful for that.  And more.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Me too. My heart is full.

You can bet those grandies are thankful for an amazing grandma too.