Monday, March 8, 2010

Something Profound

I should maybe write something profound today. Let's see . . . Ummmm . . . Eh . . . *cough, cough* Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Well, nothing particularly profound pounced into my brain. Soooooooo, I suppose I'll just quickly mention that:

I'm in love--with my husband
I love all my children--and the spouses of those of them who are married
I love my super intelligent, beautiful, tender, loving, precious grandchildren
I love my extended family
I love all my friends--including those in bloggland
I love the joy of being alive
I love attending Church and being filled with Spiritual guidance and comfort
I love teaching
I love having to stretch myself to fulfill my various responsibilities
I love singing
I love eating
I'm excessively grateful for the many, many day-to-day blessings I enjoy

Like: Electricity
Hot and cold running water
Indoor "facilities"
A solid roof (and all the adjacent walls/windows/doors over which it perches
Vehicles that take me and family safely where and when we want/need to travel
Not having a mud floor
The many appliances that assist in keeping us fed, clean and dressed, and in touch
with the rest of the world
Being able to see
Being able to hear
Being able to speak
Being able to learn
Being able to dance
Being able to drive
The inalienable right to choose what, when and how I do as I go about my life

I'm so grateful for those who have taught me:
to be strong
to be kind
to love
to forgive
to comfort
to hope
to dream


I am a most blessed woman in this world of turmoil and confussion, light and hope and endless possibilities to learn and grow.

(I just viewed this post and don't like the way it aligned. One day I'm gonna write it first in Word and then cut and paste it. It seems to mind me better when I do that. Oh, well. See? I'm still tryin' t' learn!)

2 comments:

BB said...

What a lovely list ... sometimes it's nice to remind ourselves of our gifts.

Did you want to centre the words? Email me and I can talk you through it.
:-)
BB

Debby said...

It is good to count our blessings. I'm pretty lucky too.