Thursday, March 3, 2011

They're BaaAaaK!

I've been expecting it for at least a week.  Been checking every now and then without any hard evidence.  Saw the moths.  Checked the thermometer outside.  It was 62 degrees.  And then, at 9:15 PM this evening, after washing up yet another batch of dirty dishes . . .

I saw one!  Just at the edge of the kitchen window.  Yes, sir.  A gecko!  A gecko with his eye on a big, juicy looking moth. 

I watched.  

I waited.  

I held my breath.

Would he get his dinner?  

Would he miss this chance?

The moments ticked by . . .

And then . . .

And then . . .

He struck . . .

O. U. T.

***sigh***
 
(You can relax now.  I've caught my breath.  How about you?)

But they are BACK.

And life goes on. 

As apparently the need to find food goes with it.

Maybe he tried again.


No comments: