Friday, October 3, 2008

Quilt's Done

Okay. This is it. Another rush photo job, hence not perfect!
(Did I say that? Not perfect? Like any thing I do is perfect! I only wish...)

I finished the binding not by hand, as I would have liked, but finish it I did. On the sewing machine. And of course, 3 of the 4 corners refused to be mitered. Absolutely, unequivocally refused. Blatantly even. How could they do that you ask? Well, if I knew the answer to that, I'd have dispensed with their contrariness and mitered the heck out of them!

Whew. Sorry 'bout that. I'd better calm down.

Jesse'll probably be none the wiser and care even less. He's just happy to have it. I took it to the Church social in his behalf on Wednesday night, brought a Magic Marker so everyone who wanted to could sign the quilt. He told me last night that he slept under it, but his mother took it away from him.

I was shocked! Then I remembered: Ooops. "I did caution your Mom to let it air out a bit . . . you know . . . the fumes from the marker nearly knocked out two or three of those in the room where all the marking went on. AND we don't want you getting knocked out by killer fumes, not when you have an important mission to fulfill."

He smiled and nodded that he understood. Jesse, a man of few words. Bush Babe of Granite Glen has a SSB, so she knows someone like Jesse. But that tendency to be shy and quiet will change. Soon. He enters the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Utah, next week.

No comments: